The Wisdom of God #1
- Getting to KNOW God, not just 'about Him' - but to know HIM.
- John 17:3 - Jer. 31:31-34, this is eternal life - that we KNOW Him,
and all who are in a right relationship with Him must KNOW Him.
- We have looked at the fact that He is unchanging - hence we CAN know Him.
- We have viewed His Majesty - his honor, He is to be held in AWE, respect,
fear - honor, before us.
- This lesson - His wisdom.
- Wisdom - its meaning
- Is MORAL as well as intellectual. It is the harnessing of intelligence,
cleverness, cunning unto a right end. It is the power to see, the inclination
to choose - the best and highest goal, together with the surest means of
- It is as much a part of God as his power, truth, goodness, righteousness -
it is part of God's essence.
- With God, it is omniscience governing omnipotence -
infinite power ruled by infinite wisdom -
4 He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself
against him, and hath prospered?
13 With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.
5 Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and
26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that
bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the
greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the
LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?
28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the
LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?
there is no searching of his understanding.
20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for
wisdom and might are his:
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the
preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which
was kept secret since the world began
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according
to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the
obedience of faith:
27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.
- Recognizing God's Wisdom
- We can only recognize the Wisdom of God when we recognize the true END for
which He is working. The goal, the purpose of God for this world.
- Many are mistaken in this - often including ourselves.
1. Many think that God intends a trouble-free life for all, irrespective of
their moral and spiritual state,
2. Hence, they conclude that anything painful and upsetting (illness, accident,
injury, loss of job, the suffering of a loved one) indicates either that God's
wisdom, or power (or both) has broken down. - or, that God does not exist.
- God NEVER has indicated such, nor does the history of God's people in the
Bible lead us to such a conclusion! In fact the Bible states just the
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the
world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in
the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of
1 Thessalonians 3:4
4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer
tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.
2 Timothy 3:10-12
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith,
longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at
Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.p>
- What then is the true end for which God is working? What is His aim? What is
His purpose was that we should love and honor Him, praising Him for the
wonderfully ordered complexity and variety of his world, using it according to
His will, and so enjoying both it and Him.
Through such suffering, we see that God's wisdom is active only through such
suffering can we accomplish certain goals and purposes in life!
- We learn through such NOT to trust in MEN or THINGS, but in the true and
living God. - Philippians 4:10-12
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me
hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever
state I am, therewith to be content.
12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in
all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and
to suffer need.
- Through such we learn PATIENCE -Romans 5:3-5
- And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation
- And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
- And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our
hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
- Through such we learn that God's love is never failing - Romans 8:35
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or
distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
- Through such we learn to pray - Romans 12:12
12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
- Through such we learn to comfort others -2 Corinthians 1:4
4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort
them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are
comforted of God.
- Through such we learn of the righteous judgment of God - 2 Thess. 1:6
6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them
that trouble you;
- We must ALSO learn that such wisdom of God is above us - Isa. 55: 8-9,
- We must accept that we will NOT understand such fully (often not at ALL!) - and
even when we 'figure things out' - we may be mistaken in the real purpose of
such tribulation in our lives.
- We simply must get to KNOW God
- to KNOW that is wisdom exceeds ours
- that He knows what He is doing
- that he KNOWs our needs
- that he is ALL WISE.
Back to Table of Contents or on to God Only Wise - #2